The Damp and Timber Company
The Damp and Timber Company Ltd takes privacy very seriously.
This notice explains how we use the personal information we collect about you, when you use our website or get in contact with us.
How we use your personal information
We will only use your personal information for the following purposes:
1. To administer and manage our relationship with you, including to set up and maintain our records in a professional and accurate manner.
2. To process orders from you for services.
3. To deal with any enquiries we receive from you.
4. To comply with applicable laws, regulations, and rules.
5. For the purpose of recovery of a debt in case on non-payment. In connection with these purposes, we may share your personal information with third parties that perform services on our behalf, such as sub-contractors, insurance backed guarantee company, fraud sharing organisations and debt recovery companies.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties in other circumstances, in particular:
• If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information to comply with any legal obligations or to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of trading and other agreements;
• To protect the right, property, or safety of The Damp and Timber Company Ltd including our staff and customers.
• In response to a request from a government authority (including a regulator) or;
• If we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal information to the prospective seller / buyer of such business or assets. If necessary for debt recovery purposes, we may also obtain additional information about you.
Our legal basis for these uses of your personal information may include that (a) it is necessary for our legitimate interests in operating our business and/or providing you with goods and services; and/or (b) it is necessary for the performance of contracts to which you are a party with us.
Your rights in relation to your personal information.
You have various rights under data protection law regarding the processing of your personal information, including rights to:
• Request access to personal information we hold about you and details of our processing of your personal information;
• Request us to correct inaccurate personal information;
• Request us to delete personal information in certain circumstances;
• Receive your personal information in a format suitable for transmission to a third party.
• Object to and/or restrict the processing of your personal information (including profiling) on certain ground;
• Object to any decision about you based solely on automated processing that produces legal effects or otherwise significantly affects you;
• Lodge a complaint with the UK Information Commissioners’ Office
You can make a request to us in relation to these rights at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Any information to which you are entitled will be provided within a reasonable timeframe, subject to the exemptions stipulated in applicable data protection laws.
How long do we retain your personal information? We will not keep your personal information longer than necessary, considering information needed for product/service guarantee or recall purposes, applicable legal requirements, and limitation periods.